Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Educational video

Catching up with assignment..

Huh... looking for relevant movies/ videos for my subject in the internet have brought me from one website to another website, but it was fun! because I can keep on searching and learning new techno gadget at the same time. I have learnt how to download video from Utube and what is screeningcasting and ustream. However, I could not find a "FREE" software for screencasting for Mac.. :( sob sob.. . For window OS.. there are plenty!

As recommended in this course, there are some very resourceful websites that offer great educational videos and conferences. They are not only prepared/ recorded from prestigious lecturers but also free. I have tried to download them but due to our LOW internet speed... I can view one or two with lot of buffering time... that make me frustrated!

Although I am using a Mac computer, but I am not good at multimedia. There is something called iTuneU in itune, There, you can find couple of good video made by educators from different university such as Oxford, Yale.... but you need to have iTune in you comp.

The lessons I have learnt here is that we need HIGH speed connection to make all these things possible and applicable. If not, low downloading internet speed will only hinder us to look at this technology.. ! But no doubt, I will adopt some of this video in the class and use screencasting for my teaching :) I am sure students will benefit from it... :)

No comments: