Friday, November 7, 2008

Podcasting, here I come.. ...

Hi,
Let me talk more on my experience on podcasting! I have been struggling with my computer hardware and software some time before I could make my first podcast uploaded in my blog last few days.

Because of this assignment, I need to look for the built-in mic in my laptop. I never use it since I bought my laptop three years ago and I was afraid that it is not functioning anymore... huh... I tested it and luckily, it is fine.. then I looked for the audio software to make MP3 file. I downloaded audacity and MP3 converter for recording purposes... But actually, I found out later that I can use my Garage Band software to do it... That is not a problem... the problem is to start talking in front of a mic in a quiet room make me feel uncomfortable.... .. I found that I was hesitate to talk and when I re-play my recorded voice.... ohhh I can believe that.. is that my voice ? sound horrible...... ha...ha.....

After forcing myself to speak a couple of words, I saved the file in MP3 format. I then registered an account in solid cast.com to upload my MP3 file... The registration was simple, what confuse me was the podcast's name and episode's name in the solid cast website.. With lot of try and error, it was uploaded and I copied the link and inserted in my blog.... I tried it and it worked.... yoooh! Task completed

Then I think of how it can be use in education. I have checked with the internet and see their educational applications... wow... out of my expectation... there is plenty. It is not only can use for tertiary education, but also for primary education. One issue I think we need to considered is the attendance of a class (as discussed by Shaz). Podcasting will promote absenteeism.
Whether we like it or not, some students will take advantage of this. But, what we hope is to help/benefit the majority of students who want to gain knowledge or understand the topic we are going to teach!

Nothing is perfect in this world ....

Ciao....

No comments: